VPR City of Oakland CA
On June 28, an ordinance was introduced into Oakland City Council “requiring the registration and inspection of improved residential property which is not occupied by the new owner…….”
Key points of the ordinance
- Acquired through “…….lender or tax foreclosure sale”
- Excludes properties owned by “The United States of America…….or to any of their respective agencies or political subdivisions”
- Registration within 90 to include
- Written property report, interior and exterior conditions and “readily apparent violations of “ several Oakland Codes
- Possibly additional discretionary items
- Requires additional (joint) inspections if violations are present
- Violations may become a priority lien
To view the ordinance in its entirety, please click here.
To view a report on the current VPR provided to Council, please click here.
Safeguard Properties is the largest privately held field services company in the country. Located in Cleveland, Ohio and founded in 1990 by Robert Klein, Safeguard has grown from a regional preservation company with a few employees and a handful of contractors performing services in the Midwest, to a national company with nearly 1,000 employees. Safeguard is supported by a nationwide network of subcontractors able to perform any requested superintendence, preservation, and maintenance functions, as well as numerous ancillary services in the U.S., the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.